• Breaking News

    The New Verse News presents politically progressive poetry on current events and topical issues.

    Wednesday, March 15, 2017

    SONG OF 45

    by Alejandro Escudé




    I listen for the listener
    in my darkened airplane of a home,
    stars cycle within me, the sun blazes
    as if it rose for me alone.
    I twist clouds into euphemisms.
    I’ve created my own celestial hive.
    What you hear comes in sideways,
    the voice in the voices of my advisors,
    the little muses I carry in my pocket.
    When I give orders, I perform a pirouette
    to avoid the microphones hidden in
    the molecules (they can do that I read).
    Everything I sign will remain nameless.
    The curtains are opened on purpose.


    Alejandro Escudé published his first full-length collection of poems My Earthbound Eye in September 2013. He holds a master’s degree in creative writing from UC Davis and teaches high school English. Originally from Argentina, Alejandro lives in Los Angeles with his wife and two children.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment